size 2.35 MB / 2.39 MB / 2.57 MB / 2.53 MB
My First Synth is a simplemonophonic synthesizer.
This is my first “practice project” for learning how to make plugins. I’ve made some mistakes while doing it (first of all, started out with a too small GUI size, so it’s all a little ‘stuffed’), but I wanted to finish and ‘release’ it at some point to do new projects, which means I likely won’t revisit it and fix bugs (if any…).
- Simple mono synth.
- GUI handmade with love.
- One osc. with sine, square, triangle, saw to choose from.
- One filter with resonance (HP, LP, BP to choose from).
- Osc. has quite a bit of aliasing, this synth is more on the harsh than the lovely side.
- Modulation: ADSR -> vol., ADSR -> cutoff (positive and negative amount),
- LFO -> cutoff, LFO -> pitch (LFO’s waveforms sine, square, triangle, saw to choose from).
- Glide (portamento), working a little strange at higher amounts.
- Output is hard-limited at -0.5db FS for safety, the filter can get a little loud at high resonance.
I’d still suggest using a limiter after it, just in case it explodes. 😉 Use at your own risk…
Win: recommended to use VST2 version, VST3 version is experimental.
Mac: not sure if AU version works in Logic, can’t test, only tested in Reaper.
MyFirstSynth_Win32 ( 2.35 MB )
MyFirstSynth_Win64 ( 2.39 MB )
MyFirstSynth_MacAU ( 2.57 MB )
MyFirstSynth_MacVST ( 2.53 MB )