size 3.47 MB
Disturbance is primarily intended for the glitching/mangling of drum loops but it can also be useful with melodic material, vocals, and pretty much anything else you want to get glitchy with.
Disturbance is similar to a slicer, but a bit different. It works by chopping up a loop into 64 equal parts (no beat detection) then sequencing their playback, and each slice in Disturbance has its own loop point.
In addition to offering several playback order options, Disturbance also offers sequenced filtering, distortion, pitch shifting, and slice length adjustment…as well as various playback randomizations, dual delays, and non-sequenced pitch shifting which can even be set to track MIDI note input – allowing you to turn anything you feed into Disturbance into a synth oscillator.
Disturbance can be used to create subtle or variations and effects, or it can dramatically warp your source material into something completely new. You can even adjust the start and end points of the sequencer to help you create odd time signature loops. Additionally, you can even turn off the clock and use your Modulation wheel (CC1) to move forwards and backwards through the loop, almost like a wavetable.
- Slice length reduction.
- Filter cutoff (low or high pass filtering).
- Pitch shifting.
- Dirt (distortion + downsampling + filtering).
- Slice reverse.
- Random slice.
- 4 sequencer direction options.
- Mod wheel control over playback.
- Sequencer jitter effect.
- Host BPM sync or internal clock.
- Sequencer start/end point adjustment.
- Built-in file browser.
- Dual delay.
- Velocity sensitivity.
- Pitch Shifter with the option of fixed (non-sequenced) settings, MIDI note tracking, and portamento.
- 32 example presets to get you started.
- WAV file support.
Disturbance ( 3.47 MB )