VK-1 Viking Synthesizer
size 50 MB / 153 MB
VK-1 Viking Synthesizer is an authentic emulation of the classic Moog Voyager monophonic analog synthesizer.
It has three continuously variable wave oscillators, two ladder filters with a Dual Lowpass or Highpass/Lowpass configuration, a multi-wave LFO, and two modulation busses. VK-1 uses state of the art DSP technology to accurately reproduce the sound of the hardware.
VK-1 comes with 228 presets in the categories Bass, Bright Lead, Electro Bass, FX, Percussive Lead, Soft Lead, and Synthwave. The 50 Electro Bass and 50 Synthwave presets were created by experienced sound designer eXode. The synth excels at thick bass and rich lead sounds.
At the heart of VK-1 are three adjustable wave oscillators. The continuously variable waveform knob gives the oscillators a unique sound that can’t be achieved with the fixed waveforms found in most synths. A noise oscillator provides three types of noise.
Two modulation busses and an LFO provide flexible modulation capabilities.
The filter is a classic transistor ladder filter modeled meticulously. Different drive modes are available for adding grit. The number of poles is adjustable for a wider range of filter sounds.
- VK-1 has cutting edge DSP technology:
- VK-1’s oscillators have been measured from hardware.
- VK-1’s oscillators have drift and jitter.
- VK-1’s oscillators use advanced techniques to avoid aliasing.
- VK-1’s filters are nonlinear ZDF with carefully tuned self-oscillation.
- VK-1’s envelopes have been matched to hardware.
VK-1-Viking ( 50 MB )
VK-1-Viking_MacVST ( 153 MB )