size 80 MB / 200 MB / 99 MB
Surge XT is a subtractive hybrid synthesizer.
Each patch contain 2 scenes which are separate instances of the entire synthesis engine (except effects) that can be used to create layered or split patches. Quick category-based patch browser with textual search and favorites. 2779 patches, 614 wavetables.
- 3 oscillators per scene, with 12 versatile oscillator algorithms: Classic, Modern, Wavetable, Window, Sine, FM2, FM3, String, Twist, Alias, S&H Noise and Audio Input.
- Classic oscillator is a morphable pulse/saw/dual saw oscillator with a sub-oscillator and hard sync.
- Modern oscillator is a mixable saw/pulse/triangle oscillator with an optional sub-oscillator mode for triangle (which can also change to sine or square) and hard sync.
- FM2/FM3 oscillators consist of a carrier and 2 or 3 modulators and various options.
- String oscillator uses two filtered waveguides to emulate plucked or bowed string sounds.
- Twist oscillator is based on a very famous Eurorack macro oscillator, and it offers a myriad of synthesis options in a very simple and quick way.
- Most algorithms (except FM2, FM3, Twist and Audio Input) offer up to 16-voice unison at the oscillator level.
- Oscillator FM in 3 different configurations and ring modulation between oscillators 1-2 and 2-3.
- Most oscillator algorithms (except FM2, FM3, Sine and Alias) are strictly band-limited, yet still cover the entire audible spectrum, delivering a clear, punchy and clean sound.
- Noise generator with variable spectrum (available directly in the oscillator mixer).
- Two filter units in 8 different configurations.
- Feedback loop available in 7 of those configurations.
- Available filter algorithms: Lowpass (12 and 24 dB/oct, each with 3 variations), Legacy Ladder Lowpass (6-24 dB/oct), Vintage Ladder Lowpass (2 variations, each with and without gain compensation), Highpass (12 and 24 dB/oct, each with 3 variations), Bandpass (12 and 24 dB/oct, each with 3 variations), Notch (12 and 24 dB/oct, each with 2 variations), Allpass (3 variations), Comb (positive and negative), S&H.
- Open-source additions to our filter algorithms include: K35 and Diode Ladder filter types from Odin 2 synthesizer, 12 and 24 dB/oct multimode filters from OB-Xd, and weird but fascinating Cutoff Warp, Resonance Warp and Tri-Pole filters by Jatin Chowdhury!
- Filters can self-oscillate (with excitation) and respond amazingly fast to cutoff frequency changes.
- Waveshaper (43 shapes).
- 12 LFO units available, 6 are per voice and 6 are global for the whole scene.
- DAHDSR envelope generators on every LFO.
- LFO shapes consist of 7 deformable LFO waveforms, step sequencer, a fully-fledged multi-segment envelope generator (MSEG) with various curves and up to 128 nodes, and last but not the least – a formula modulator which utilizes Lua scripting language to provide completely custom modulator output.
- Voice LFOs allow envelope retriggering in step sequencer mode.
- Extremely fast and flexible modulation routing. Almost every continuous parameter can be modulated.
surge-xt-win32-setup ( 80 MB )
surge-xt-win64-setup ( 80 MB )
surge-xt-macOS ( 200 MB )
surge-xt-linux-x64 ( 99 MB )