size 9.15 MB
javaDAW is a Java Sequencer for playing and manipulating MIDI files, however the source code is not available yet but will be in the future when everything is stable. JavaDAW can be used without a license, it is just a “fun” project to test the boundaries of java and music. javaDAW is completely build in Java and uses the VST plugin and ASIO solutions of Martin Roth. This means most common VST plugins and ASIO drivers can be used. In javaDAW you may create MIDI clips and add midi notes to each clip with a (double) click of your mouse. Insert a Midi track, assign a VST Plugin to a track (F3) and hit the play button (space bar) after insert a midi file of course. You can also create and import audio clips.
javaDAW makes manipulating MIDI Files very easy. In addition, javaDAW provides many more features:
– Using ASIO or Java Sound.
– Importing and exporting (multiple) MIDI files.
– Importing and exporting .wav files.
– Drag and drop functionality for these files directly form the Desktop.
– Manipulate clips and MIDI notes (delete, copy, etc…..)
– Quantisize MIDI notes and clips(F5 & F6).
– Add and connect MIDI controllers to javaDAW.
– Recording directly form your MIDI controller.
– Quantisize MIDI notes when recording.
– Scale up and down when in the clip of midi edit area(CNTRL left/right arrow).
– Add, copy and remove MIDI and Audio tracks(F7).
– Play and hit the follow button.
– Use automation on volume and modulation (midi messages).
– Use (S)tep mode to learn a piano piece.
– Follow a score presentation of your MIDI file.
– Use the step sequencer and MIDI keyboard to learn a piece.
– Change VST plugins whenever you like.
– Add FX VST plugins whenever you like.
– Add and adjust automation per track for volume and modulation.
– Adjust the edit areas for the note and clip editing.
– Save and read project files.
– Add pattern files for drum, base and organ directly into your project.
– Export an AUDIO file in .wav format.
– Import an AUDIO file in .wav format (16 bit).
– Record an AUDIO signal from microphone or keyboard.
– Add a MIDI channel or an AUDIO channel.
Download javaDAW EXE file for Windows (32/64 bit).
javadaw ( 9.15 MB )